Get involved with Friends of Allensworth and become an extension of our community!
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization. Without their dedication, time, passion and expertise our organization would not be able to grow and accomplish the work of preserving and educating the public about Colonel Allen Allensworth and the pioneers that founded the first black town in California. Therefore it is vital to the sustainability of the Friends of Allensworth long term future that we can effectively recruit, develop and recognize the hard work that all our volunteers do.
There are a vast number of benefits from volunteering. It can be a great opportunity for CV building and personal development. Not to mention the positive impact that your time and effort will have on the African American wider community.
Click Here To Become a Volunteer
Minimum requirements: Although we welcome anyone who is keen to volunteer, there are a number of key traits we like to see from people who apply:
- Interests in Black History
- Open minded and friendly
- Free or reduced admission to events at the park
- Opportunities to expand your professional network
- Some of these are detailed below:
- Welcome pack
- Volunteer Social Events
- References as requested
- Volunteer awards at organization gala
- Birthday cards
- Volunteer anniversary gift
- Development support
- Make new friends and become a member of a dynamic community
- Special invitations to Volunteer & Docent excursions and the Volunteer Appreciation Reception
- Increased knowledge and understanding of the African diaspora’s cultural connections
People of all ages and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. To become a volunteer for FOA, please fill out the Volunteer Form.
“If our hopes of building a better and safer world are to become more than wishful thinking, we will need the engagement of volunteers more than ever.” — Kofi Annan
Become a Volunteer
As a FOA Volunteer, you will join a group of art enthusiasts, educators, philanthropists, neighbors, and friends dedicated to preserving and celebrating the history & culture of the African Americans.
For any inquiries, please call: (877)-245-6232